Career advising is free to enrolled UNL students. Alumni of UNL may also meet with a career advisor initially for no charge. On-going appointments may be subject to fee.
Need resume help?
Come to a Resume/Handshake Lab to work on your resume with help from our staff! Bring your computer, ask questions, get feedback, make edits as you go, and walk out with an improved resume. You can come and go during lab hours.
Getting started on a job or internship search?
Come to a Resume/Handshake Lab to learn about the University’s student job search system, Handshake! Find part-time jobs on and off campus – including Work-Study, or find local, national and international internships and jobs for after graduation.
Resume/Handshake Lab Hours and Location
10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm, Monday-Friday (academic year – when classes are in session)
225 Nebraska Union – University Career Services
Nebraska has a dedicated team of career development professionals across campus who will help you gain the skills needed to manage your career now and in the future such as how to:
- Choose a major and career path
- Gain experience through part-time jobs, internships and other active learning opportunities
- Showcase your qualifications in resumes, online profiles, and interviewing
- Pursue your post-graduation goals through job search strategy and graduate school applications
- Schedule appointment on-line through MyPLAN
- Log-in to MyUNL and select Canvas
- Click on "Account" then select MyPLAN
- Click the "Success Network" and search for Career Developments
- Select a coach within your Academic College or an affinity group that can best meet your career development goals.
- OR call our reception desk at (402) 472-3145
- OR email us at email@example.com
We are located on the second floor of the Union building
There are 2 metered lots close to the Nebraska Union:
- 14th & R Street - Southwest and across the street from the Nebraska Union
- 15th & S Street - East of the Gaughan Center (which is connected to the Nebraska Union)
Employers: obtain a parking permit in room 225 when you arrive. You may want to plug the meter for a few minutes. Parking is first-come, first-served and there are other nearby city parking garages if no meters are available.
We are located on the third floor of the East Union building
Park in the Red “A” lot north of the Nebraska East Union at 37th and Fair Streets. Do not park in reserved, metered or special permit spaces.
Obtain a parking permit in room 303 when you arrive. Detailed parking directions can be found here.
We are located on the first floor of the College of Business building
Park in any of the parking garages owned by the City of Lincoln (operated by Park & Go) near the College of Business. Do not park in reserved, metered, or special permit spaces. Specific parking garages can be found here.
Airports & Transportations
Additional lodging options can be found by visiting the Lincoln Convention and Visitors Bureau.