In-Person University Career Fair
Health and Safety Announcement!: *If you have had exposure to COVID-19 and/or are experiencing symptoms that include fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, a persistent cough, sore throat, sustained chills/shaking, headache, muscle pain, congestion, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea that have lasted longer than 24 hours, please stay home to take care of yourself and not expose others.
If you are unable to attend the in-person fairs due to illness, consider scheduling an appointment with your college-based career coaches or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with some alternative ways to connect with employers.
Items to Bring
- Phone (with Safer Community app updated with granted permissions showing)
- Copies of resumes to hand out to employers that interest you
Due to COVID mitigation efforts, there will not be any place to drop your bags/coats at the fair. If you bring yours, please be prepared to carry them with you as you walk through the fair.
- The check-in process will begin on the 2nd floor of the Union at the top of the spiral staircase (outside Herbie’s Market in East Union for Friday, Sept. 24th participants). Check-in will consist of stations that utilize QR codes so please bring your smartphone fully charged for the day.
Career Fair Plus
- Access the career fair map and get day-of fair announcements and notifications by downloading the Career Fair Plus app. The app allows you to filter and star employers, which will help you navigate the career fair via the interactive map. Download the app now to begin identifying and researching employers of interest: Apple/iOS Google/Android
Dress Code Expectations
- Business casual looks different for everyone. You could see students in a polo and slacks or you might see some in three-piece suits. As we all know, business clothes can be costly, especially on a college budget. This is why we do not have a formal dress code for the event to promote an equitable fair experience. More information around career fair attire can be found here.
- Need a professional photo to update your Handshake and LinkedIn profiles? Charity Joy Photography will be available near the Career Fair Check-in to take your headshot photo at no cost to you. Photos will be available approximately 2 weeks after the fair.
- As part of our COVID-19 mitigation efforts, we are designating the career fair as a No-Handshake Zone. We ask that all employers and students embrace head nods, elbow taps, and general greetings in place of the traditional handshake.
Internship/Job Offer Guidelines
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln recognizes that the recruiting process involves important decisions for both students and employers. We encourage students and employers to use fair and reasonable practices when in the job and internship search and appreciate employers who extend opportunities to students. In order to support those employers’ needs and to provide students adequate time to evaluate and respond to job and internship offers, we request employers consider these guidelines.
- Feel free to call the Career Services offices at 402-472-3145 or stop by the Career Services info booth which will be set up next to the fair’s Check-in Station.
Additional upcoming opportunities to connect with employers
- Many employers recruit at numerous fairs and events on campus. Increase your opportunities to make a future internship/job connection by attending additional future career fairs and events. Check out more upcoming event on our Career Services Calendar.