Skip to main nav
Leadership & Initiative
The ability to leverage the strength of others toward the achievement of common goals, manage emotions, and help overcome obstacles and adversity, and be a self-starter, work independently to develop new ideas, and complete tasks.
- Cast vision, direction, and elicit buy-in
- Guide and inspire others to meet the goals and objectives.
- Develop and facilitate innovative ideas and solutions to complex problems
- Take smart risks and make hard decisions
- Negotiate terms, conditions, and deadlines
- Recognize potential, develop, encourage and mentor talent
- Foster a sense of ownership among team members
- Delegate responsibility and review performance
- Obtain the appropriate tools and resources needed for success
- Be prepared and take on more than what’s required
Action verbs: accomplished, achieved, chaired, championed, coached, coordinated, conceptualized, developed, devised, directed, empowered, established, facilitated, implemented, influenced, inspired, initiated, lead, managed, mentored, motivated, originated, pioneered, started, trained