Build My Organization’s Brand
Building your brand presence on campus is an important component in your recruiting process. Learn more about all the different opportunities on-campus and beyond, designed specifically to increase your brand visibility and engage with students.
Create a social media/digital strategy
- Have a presence
- Make it easy to navigate to your career site from social media platforms
- Build relevant content: showcase your intern and their experience, let students know you’re on-campus
- Connect on Handshake/LinkedIn
Build your presence on campus
- Host info booths/sessions
- Attend career fairs
- Connect with affinity groups (not how this would work if employers want to be more involved in this space)
- Attend college-specific events
- Consider bringing along an alum or employees that are energetic and eager to connect with students
- Join Husker Circle
Form on-campus relationships
- When hosting info booths/sessions, visit with students and faculty in the building
- Offer time to student groups or classrooms to assist them with their needs
Start student connects early in your talent pipeline strategy
- Offer time to freshman or students that may not fit in your roles now but will affect how future juniors and seniors think of your organization
Look inside your organization
- What is your culture and how do you communicate that? What sets you apart?
- What are current interns or alums working at your organization value at the moment? What attracted them to you?
- Have a wholesome internship program