Being A Research Mentor
Faculty mentors play a vital role in the undergraduate research experience, providing guidance and inspiration while nurturing researchers’ critical thinking skills and increased self-confidence.
Faculty members advising UCARE researchers are asked to:
- Maintain presence on campus or in the field while UCARE researchers are working on their research
- Provide timely feedback to UCARE and the undergraduate researchers concerning their progress
- Help UCARE researchers complete the benchmarks from the Undergraduate Research Agreement
- Encourage the undergraduate researchers to participate in UCARE-sponsored events
- Assist the UCARE researchers with posters for the UNL Spring Research Fair or Nebraska Summer Research Symposium