APPAM promotes its mission through the following activities:
- A multidisciplinary annual research conference that attracts the highest quality research on a wide variety of important current and emerging policy and management issues, and is structured to encourage substantive interaction among participants.
- A peer-reviewed multidisciplinary journal that publishes the highest quality research on public policy and management.
- A dedication in all activities to respecting and enhancing racial, ethnic, gender, disciplinary, and other forms of diversity among participants in all of the Association’s activities.
- The involvement of policymakers, practitioners, and scholars in the Association’s governance and the Fall Conference.
- Initiatives that include and foster participation in the Association among students interested in public policy and management.