SUMMER SALES INTERN, U.S. PORK DIVISION
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
The Zoetis Pork Summer Sales Intern Program is a 10-week program designed to provide candidates with real-world selling experience focusing on the U.S. Pork Industry. It provides an opportunity for students to better understand agricultural and veterinary business models and evaluate sales as a potential career by providing responsibilities similar to a full time Account Manager. Interns will be field based representing Zoetis to swine veterinarians and producers virtually. Interns will gain exposure to the Zoetis Pork Leadership Team, work one-on-one with experienced sales professionals, and build relationships with swine veterinarians and pork producers.
Internship Job Duties:
- A pre-training work list that includes assigned readings and quizzes will be sent prior to the internship. This is to help the interns prepare for training and is a requirement.
- Training class will be held the first week of June.
- Eight (8) weeks will be spent virtually calling on swine producers and selling a Zoetis Pork Program. Goals will be set for the individuals as well as the team and we will expect that all are accomplished.
- The intern will collaborate with their manager and marketing to work on an Account Based Marketing program.
- The intern will prepare a final report on their experience and present it to the Zoetis Pork Leadership Team during their last week of the internship.
- Postsecondary students entering junior or senior year at the completion of the internship.
- Stellar work ethic, production livestock experience, excellent organizational skills, presentation skills, and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Highly-focuses and results oriented, Follow-through including professional communication and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work evenings as required by the position.
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.