Pork Marketing Intern
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
The marketing intern will gain in-depth understanding of marketing pricing and programs by working on initiatives that support the 2021 Operating plan strategic imperatives for pork. This individual will assist with elevating the customer experience and helping to drive loyalty in accounts by supporting overall program awareness and adoption. This individual will help manage the creation of field force dashboards and customer portals to support program tracking and growth opportunities. There will also be a strong emphasis on collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams and field force colleagues.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
- Help optimize customer experience with tracking tools for field force and customers that support programs and pricing.
- Manage and create customer facing and internal materials to help support marketing programs
- Assist with execution of summer marketing programs- from implementation to help develop supporting tools.
- Lead demand planning forecast tracker for pork team with business analytics team to help with planning for all Pork Stock Keeping Units (SKU)
- Develop competitive analysis sheets for pricing on key products
- Rising Junior or Senior in in Business, Economics, Marketing, or a related field
- Proven record of initiative, resourcefulness and willingness to accept challenges.
- Desire and ability to work within a strong team-oriented environment.
- An ability to implement programs and tactics with strong follow-up and accountability in achieving results.
- Strong organizational and project leadership skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Project management
- Advance with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work with complex data
- Strong analytical mind (math and finance focused position)
- Effective presentation skills
- Comfortable making recommendations based on analysis
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.