Master Data Analyst Intern (for Data Maintenance Resource)
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
The Customer Master Data Team, as part of US Zoetis Customer Care, requires a Master Data Analyst to review data for correctness and completeness prior to being entered into a database (DMr). This project overall will assist Zoetis in ensuring the customer master process is correct and complete with a focus on data integrity, business processes and system functionality.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
- Using an application and preset business rules, the intern will review data batches in effort to cleanse name, address and other attributes and remove potential duplication amongst multiple systems.
- Edits will be made/submitted within the same application.
- Intern will proactively identify and communicate potential trending issues with the data for adjustments to the data review process
- Intern will present status and results to Master Data Leadership and potentially other teams associated with the initiative.
- Current course work (Associates or Bachelor’s degree) in business curriculum preferred.
- High School diploma required.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP system such as SAP functionality preferred
- Data audit support experience
- Intermediate/advanced MS Excel and Word
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Time management skills dealing with large data sets
- Project management skills including successful initiation, ongoing planning, execution, monitoring, and closure of a project.
- Ability to ask relevant questions, detect assumptions, and resolve conflicts.
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date, and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.