Internal Audit Intern
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
The Internal Audit – Intern Auditor will have responsibility for participating as a member of a team conducting independent audit and risk oversight activities with focus on data analytics, process and information technology at Zoetis locations worldwide.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
Internship Job Duties:
- Assist Senior Auditors in conducting on-site independent evaluations of Zoetis’ financial, operational, compliance control processes and systems worldwide to ensure Zoetis’ risks are properly managed.
- Understand and evaluate key risks and the effectiveness of managements control and risk mitigation activities, synthesize results and conclusions.
- Review and evaluate operations including applicable IT systems for compliance with prevailing regulatory laws and requirements and Zoetis policies.
- Be part of the IA team presenting results of audits to senior site and division management, including practical recommendations to address identified risks, requiring strong negotiation and influence skills.
- Prior Pharmaceutical knowledge experience is a plus, but not required
- Prior Financial experience is a plus, but not required
- Prior work experience in a corporate setting is a highly desired, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Ability to leverage technology to improve results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, enabling effective communication with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic thinking, and innovation creativity on projects.
- Strong Social Interpersonal skills with a desire to be part of a fast pace corporate team
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.