Information Security Intern
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
Zoetis is looking for a highly motivated individual to intern as part of our growing Information Security Team. This opportunity will immerse you in many different aspects of the Information Security world including Incident Response, Vulnerability & Threat Management, Data Protection and Security Awareness.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
Internship Job Duties:
- Triage and response of security events
- Use case interpretation and design
- Formulation and presentation of security metrics
- Introduction to Manufacturing “Shop Floor” Security
- Active participation as part of a team of information security practitioners
- Studying Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
- Previous intern experience or work-related experience is desirable
- Familiarity and experience with software development
- Able to interpret and explain IT issues in very simple non-IT terminology
- Effective meeting skills, presentation skills, and the ability to learn quickly in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to build working relationships within an organization and between organizations
- Ability to clearly and effectively relay key information to management levels
- Ability to provide concise and “to the point” informative reports
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- High level of integrity and strong ethical values
- Strong can-do attitude
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Computer high-level, general-purpose, interpreted, dynamic programming language; i.e. Python
- Basic knowledge of internet protocols
- Curiosity in determining and understanding how things work
- Splunk / Search Processing Language (SPL) a plus
- Graphic design a plus
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.