FORMULATION RESEARCH INTERN
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
The formulations intern will have an opportunity to develop sustained formulations based on an understanding of manufacture technique and physical properties. Experience will also be gained with formulation development for Lead Discovery projects. These may expose the intern to topical, oral and injectable formulations. Opportunities exist to develop skills in drug product research, small molecule formulation, drug product manufacturing and analytical chemistry
Internship Job Duties:
- Research and understand basic sustained release formulations and how to influence drug product properties with polymers and physical properties.
- Develop formulations based on physicochemical characteristics.
- Conduct laboratory experiments to develop sustained release and other formulations.
- Document, report, and communicate results.
- Interface with other scientists from a variety of disciplines such as analytical chemistry and pharmacokinetics
- Completed sophomore year of BS in scientific area such as chemistry, chemical engineering or pharmacy
- Experience with lab and coursework in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry or equivalent is required.
- Experience or completed course work in preformulation or formulation development is preferred.