DATA SCIENCES R&D INTERN
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Applications: November– February 2021
Interviews: January – March 2021, on a rolling basis
Offers: Late January – March 2021
Internship: 40 hours/week for 10-13 weeks, typically May – August
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance.
The Zoetis Incubator Laboratory is an early research and development lab looking for alternatives to antibiotics for livestock diseases. This internship will explore the optimal use of Data Science / Machine Learning algorithms on small to large datasets, with the aim of increasing the knowledge gained from existing experiments. Input data will be compiled from different types of assays and combined to improve the analytical power.
Internship Job Duties:
- Compile and format data from multiple sources within Zoetis.
- Test various machine learning, AI, and statistical algorithms on different data types and experimental assays.
- Review analytic results of each algorithm and determine knowledge gained with each algorithm.
- Provide reusable code for using each algorithm on future datasets.
- Present biological knowledge gained from these results.
- Experience using Data Science / Machine Learning techniques on multiple data types.
- Substantive experience writing DS / ML code in either R or Python.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Biology, or similarly appropriate field. Students with substantial progress made in completion of either degree will be considered.
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & analytical skills