DAIRY CATTLE MARKETING INTERN
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
Dairy-Beef Market Opportunity Analysis: Focusing on promising initiatives is critical to business growth. The Zoetis dairy business contains many mature brands and during a recent strategy review looking for new ideas of revenue growth identified dairy beef (definition) as an area for consideration. Dairy beef cattle are estimated to make up 20% of the fed cattle market due to male calves from dairies becoming an increasingly valuable source of feedlot cattle. We believe there is a customer need for dairy producers to improve their ability to capitalize on the dairy beef trend. Our intern can help create a formal market opportunity analysis to better inform Zoetis of the market potential in this segment and if the revenue growth is attractive enough for further investment. Specifically, our intern will:
- Research dairy beef customers and Zoetis competitors: how real is the dairy beef demand for animal health products? Is expansion target dairy beef producers attractive from a revenue standpoint? Who are dairy beef producers? – age, gender, education, income, location, other motivations. Who are the competitors in this space? Are other animal health companies offering dairy beef value propositions?
- Create a high-level view of the market: What is the market size? How quickly is the market expanding or contracting? How many customers are in the market? What are barriers to entry? What is the “power” of Zoetis offerings in this space? What does the supply chain look like for dairy beef? Are there opportunities for new animal health products in this space?
- What are adjacent opportunities to this space? What geographic, or other, ties are there to existing Zoetis US business? What channels could be used to reach customers in this segment and how are they different from existing channels?
- What business environment factors influence this space? Technology, government regulations, geopolitics, economic indicators, trade policies, and social/cultural norms
- What information does Zoetis have, and what information might we need, to validate, confirm, and better inform a decision on how (if at all) to invest in the dairy beef segment.
Genetics: Works with guidance on new product/service development and asset development to maximize initial launch phase value of MBE by working across strategic, customer-facing, and operational groups to prep and introduce this new genetic offering. Additionally, provides support for existing genetic brand (Clarifide, and Clarifide Plus) strategies as needed.
Update and Enhance Training and Quizzes: The Intern will audit My Retail Focus, Brainshark, and other resources to uncover opportunities to better engage with customers. Project would include:
- Initiating the process of routing training documents that need updated
- Outlining key areas that require optimization
Program Optimization: The Intern will help initiate tests as an output of 2021 evaluation of MZR and Leaders’ Edge programs. Project would include:
- Identified target customer for pilots
- Analyzed financials of pilot vs control groups
- Help with creation of relevant content
- Learn inner workings of programs and channel
- Collaborate across multiple departments
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
- Market Opportunity Analysis (Dairy Beef)
Education: Marketing, Economics, Business or Communications. Agriculture background or degree pursuit helpful but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.