CELL BASED ASSAY iNTERN
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Applications: November– February 2021
Interviews: January – March 2021, on a rolling basis
Offers: Late January – March 2021
Internship: 40 hours/week for 10-13 weeks, typically May – August
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance.
The intern hired for this position will learn about cell-based assay development for biopharmaceutical potency evaluation. The intern will be involved in evaluating new technologies and contributing to the development and optimization of cell-based assay methods. The intern will learn about Design of Experiments, Quality by Design, control charting, and statistical approaches to evaluating potency data.
Internship Job Duties:
- Passage and maintain multiple cell lines using aseptic techniques
- Utilize various detection methods to analyze cellular response to biopharmaceutical products
- Generate research cell banks for development work
- Potency analysis of various products
- Undergraduate majoring in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biological Sciences or related areas will be considered for this internship.
- Knowledge in cell line passaging/maintenance is a highly desirable skill for consideration of this position.
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & analytical skills