Develops and teaches a variety of gymnastics classes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out leadership responsibilities to effectively oversee, train, guide and evaluate program participants.
- Prepares lesson plans/activities and instructs classes.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Communicates and maintains personal contact with participants and/or parents/caregivers to discuss achievements and concerns related to the instruction.
- Knows all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Performs administrative functions to complete necessary program paperwork and assures participants have completed necessary participation paperwork.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accidents.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the program area and maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Assists in overseeing the party and off-hour rental programs as needed.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to teach the development of skills and proper techniques in area of specialty.
- Must be able to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of Gymnastics.
Experience working with children between the ages of 18 months and 13 years in a class setting.