Serves as the onsite representative who oversees the staff, activities and learning opportunities at YMCA childcare programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly carries out leadership responsibilities to effectively oversee, train, guide and evaluate staff.
- In cooperation with other staff members, school administrators and/or community partners, plans and supervises the implementation of programs and activities to provide a safe and enjoyable program that meets the desired program goals.
- Responds seriously and confidentially to suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Communicates and maintains personal contact with parents/guardians, school personnel and/or community partners to discuss achievements and concerns.
- Addresses discipline issues that are of concern and cannot be immediately resolved by Program Staff.
- Provides role modeling through participation in activities and positive discussions about active living.
- Performs general housekeeping tasks to setup/cleanup the site and maintain a clean and safe environment. Is responsible for assuring the outlined procedures for opening/closing the site are followed.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents, accidents, damaged equipment and supply needs.
- Performs administrative functions, compiles documentation and completes assigned reports.
- May be required to lead a program/club in the absence of Program Staff.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Secures a substitute if unable to cover scheduled shift and notifies Director of schedule substitutions prior to the change.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings with school administrators to address child/family and discipline issues and coordinates responses that are consistent between the school and YMCA program.
- As needed, may at times serve as the main contact between the school and the parent to relay information.
- Works with school administrators to recognize children who should be participating in programs and determines how to get these children involved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to plan and initiate age appropriate games and activities.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful.
- Ability to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
- Ability to meet and follow childcare licensing requirements as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and a minimum of one year experience working with youth.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License/Clean Driving Record Preferred
CPR, AED and First Aid Certified