At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
YETI is looking for a Category Management Intern to join our Innovation team for the Summer 2021 internship program. Throughout the 12-week program, you will work with cross-functional team members to take on multiple projects related to product introduction, process improvement, strategy, and business analysis. The 2021 internship program culminates with a presentation to our leadership team summarizing your experience at YETI with key takeaways and feedback regarding the program.
Internship dates: May 24, 2021 – August 13, 2021
- Review current roadmap projects and overall category business to provide recommendations on how the business can improve the subcategory or product strategy.
- Charter and kick off at least one project tied to recommended strategy.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify business opportunities to expand the category portfolio.
- Contribute to financial discussions and analysis to support business, and support category team to maintain product strategy and roadmaps.
- Conduct weekly sell-through data analysis.
- Conduct monthly category business review analysis; review category data and dive deeper into areas that require further analysis with recommendations on insights to include in monthly business review presentations.
- Participate in innovation, marketing, sales, customer experience, and other related meetings that lead to a new product launch.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Completion of 2+ years of study. Strong preference will be given to rising Seniors graduating in December 2021 or May 2022.
- Strong interest in product management. Preference will be given to those with a cover letter highlighting their motivation for pursuing this internship
- Exceptional communication skills and strong business acumen
- Fundamental project management skills
- Strong analytical skills with high proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills with a keen eye for business improvement opportunities
- High attention to detail
- Ability to present findings and communicate effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a team and leverage constructive feedback
YETI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer