Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world? Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
Must be able to work full-time from May 2021 – December 2021. This position is located at the jobsite in Watertown, South Dakota.
Applicants must be able relocate for several months to work on site at the Dakota Ridge Wind Farm, or live within a commutable distance from the work site.
Work with the Engineering staff to support plant projects, both capital and ops/maintenance. Work as an entry level engineering analyst doing tasks spanning all aspects of plant operations including performance/efficiency, emissions control, contract and project management, specifying new and replacement equipment, making process improvement recommendations, supporting requests from operations and maintenance. Through practical field experience and mentoring, successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- Must be enrolled in an ABET accredited Civil/Structural Engineering program with a structural emphasis
- Be enrolled as a Junior or above during Spring 2021.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
- Must be self- motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others
- Course work in power generation or project management and an interest in the power industry desirable
- Unofficial transcript submitted with application
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.