Winter Human Resources Fellow
No one wants to be a square peg in a round hole. What if you helped people find their perfect square holes — and the impact reached into eternity?
As a Human Resources Fellow, you will play an integral role in the JAARS HR department by supporting the current HR team and JAARS managers in talent acquisition and HR processes.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA and our partner, JAARS, believe the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
JAARS Fellows is an 11-month, merit-based, professional opportunity that provides entry into a first career position, cultivates emerging leaders, and unleashes the world of missions. Fellows join JAARS staff in key positions to make Bible translation and life transformation possible.
Job Location: Waxhaw, North Carolina
What might you do?
You will hone your HR skills, becoming familiar with the life cycle of a staff member from application to exit interview, along with HR practice and policy. In addition, you will serve as the point-person on logistics, applications, job postings, interviews and screenings for the subsequent Fellows Cohort. You will also learn applicable life skills, develop sourcing strategies, receive guidance on the next steps for you to reach your professional goals, and work on a multigenerational team.
This job might be for you if…
You are early in your career, have completed an accredited post-secondary degree, value global ministry, and are collaborative.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have working experience with Google suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.) and Microsoft Office
- Your major includes Human Resources and Human Resources Management.
In addition, you’ll receive…
- $10 an hour
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health insurance (if needed)
- Professional development opportunities including program development, leadership, project management.
- Networking opportunities with proven professionals.
- Life skills training.
- Education, including the Intercultural Communications Course, which furthers your interpersonal skills, explains differing worldviews, and deepens your relationship with God, as well as the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course, which explores God’s global purpose.
Learn more about the HR Fellow position and apply online at www.jaars.org/fellows.