Be involved in projects with our Aviation Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for two Aviation Planning Interns for our Raleigh, NC office. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, alternative locations and remote work from home may be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful applicant will work with and support planners in various disciplines and will be assigned to our Raleigh office team.
- Specific responsibilities may include computer-aided drafting, records management, calculations, data gathering and presentation, field investigations, researching technical topics, and document control.
- Some assignments may also be related to other types of transportation and buildings.
- Candidate may assist with on-line data research.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- College student in good standing working towards a degree in Planning/Engineering within an accredited program.
- Knowledge of planning and/or engineering theories and principles required.
- Strong capabilities in business software, including Microsoft Excel and Word, also a good grasp of engineering applications.
- Competence in written and oral communications in English.
- Must be open to working and multi-tasking on a range of technical and non-technical business-related assignments.
- Ability to work in the United States immediately required as is the ability to obtain a client-mandated security clearance.
- Ability to pass necessary background checks to obtain a security badge.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Experience with CAD software solutions (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.) is highly desired.
- Knowledge of aviation operations, management, planning and/or engineering is desirable.
- Experience in a prior planning or engineering internship or co-op program is preferred.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work immediately in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.