WHO ARE WE?
White Duck Outdoors manufactures and provides premium, sustainable canvas gear for the outdoors. This includes canvas tents, bags, tarps & covers, firewood carriers and more. We’re quickly moving towards becoming a complete solution for outdoor gear for campers, glampers and hunters.
We exist to give our community a way to disconnect from the stress of daily life and encourage people to get outdoors to #reconnectnow with friends, family, loved ones or, simply, themselves.
Our team has one thing in common: a love for the outdoors, and a deep desire to share this love with all of our customers. We do this by collaborating across desks and countries, with our team, partners and customers to grow this business and ultimately, grow our community of White Duck Wanderers.
Your role: Distributor Sales Specialist (Intern)
As our Distributor Sales Intern, you will be directly contributing to the growth and global presence of White Duck Outdoors by playing an integral role in opening up distribution channels for our products. This will involve cultivating relationships with distributors, educating them about our products and closing business with them.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare lead lists of distributors for outbound sales
- Handle inbound inquiries from distributors in your area, if assigned a territory
- Maintain a professional and technical knowledge of all things White Duck Outdoors
- Identify key trade shows and conferences and attend virtually or in-person
- Grow sales channels by setting and running meetings with dealerships and distributors and collaborating with the Director of Sales on key accounts
- Expand the distributor network, and also increase the depth of relationship with existing distributors
- If assigned to after-sales support, monitor sales data from distributors and stay up to date with customer needs, which might include questions or order issues
- Submit weekly (or daily) reports with key metrics like calls, meetings or sales numbers
- Maintain and suggest ideas for distributor marketing collateral, which could include product catalogs, images and videos or product listing details
- Monitor competition in your area by gathering marketplace intel
- Have fun on the job and be a part of an exciting organization!
QUALITIES & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE WE LOOK FOR
- A degree (pursuing or completed) in Marketing, Business or related major is preferred but not essential
- Previous sales or customer support experience is preferred but not essential, complete training will be provided
- Be driven for results and have a deep desire to grow not just the organization but your own skillset
- Consistently collaborate with the team on new initiatives, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Understand each customer’s individual position and approach each case with empathy
- Build rapport with people inside and outside the organization
- Be knowledgeable about not just products but also outdoor activities that gear is used for
- Work smart by setting goals, establishing priorities and planning well
- Execute plans effectively, meet deadlines and keep the rest of the team informed
- Find innovative ways to grow the business and contribute to new, unexplored company initiatives
WHY WHITE DUCK?
- Remote work and ability to work from anywhere
- Complete sales training onboarding program
- Working with industry-leading outdoor gear
- Flexible work hours
- Working in a rapidly growing startup, in an ever-expanding industry
- Be a part of a lean organization and have a tangible, long-lasting impact
- Opportunities to take on new initiatives and identify creative avenues for growth
- Being close to all aspects of the business, including sales, marketing, operations and customer support
White Duck Outdoors is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.