*When I Work is a remote first company. While we have an office in Minneapolis, we are considering this a nationwide search. Due to the pandemic, our office is closed for now. However, if an onsite location is important to you in your search, you are welcome to work from our Minneapolis HQ once our offices re-open.
Who We Are
We help hourly teams get shift done.
At When I Work, everything we do starts with a mission to help hourly teams work better together. We deliver on that mission by making every piece of hourly workforce management – scheduling, time tracking, shift trading, team messaging, and more – easy and straightforward for managers and employees alike.
When you join our sales team, you will be surrounded by colleagues, mentors, and managers who want to see you succeed. You will get world-class experience in Tech / Software Sales that will help launch your career in sales. We have fun at work while we challenge and support each other in a highly functional environment.
What You’ll Do
As an Outbound Sales Development Representative, Mid-Market (Outbound SDR, MM), you will work directly with our Mid-Market customers to enhance their overall user experience and expedite their understanding of When I Work’s apps. The Outbound Sales Development Representative generates qualified and engaged opportunities or leads for When I Work, by researching, prospecting and qualifying contacts for the Mid Market Account Executive team. A key role for the Outbound Sales Representative is engaging with different businesses, establishing contact and developing appointments. In this role you will:
- Research, prospect and qualify leads for Mid Market Account Executives
- Execute outbound activities including calling and emailing while representing When I Work in a professional manner
- Answer prospect questions and provide valuable information to the Account Executives
- Achieve defined productivity goals and metrics
- Document and capture accurate activity and customer information in CRM
- Partner with marketing to build campaigns that ensure lead quality and quantity
Who You Are
You are a rare combination of talents including technology acumen, business comprehension, and the ability to communicate seamlessly with prospective customers. You are curious, dependable, resourceful, and get joy from going beyond to make customers successful. You are motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and are constantly searching for ways to improve, inspire others, and add value.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Entry level experience in sales, lead generation, or outbound calling
- Entry level experience working in a metric driven environment where your compensation was impacted by individual performance
- Technology savvy and ability to quickly learn new things
- Passion for sales, and business consulting in a customer centric environment
- Strong computer skills, system aptitude, and the ability to develop processes and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, with attention to detail, and a proactive approach
- Team player with the ability to effectively interact with colleagues and business partners across the company
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training required
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Understanding of workforce management solutions, human resource management software and payroll applications
- Business development experience
- Knowledge in technology sales, SaaS implementation, mobile apps or cloud software
What’s In It For You
- Employee Stock Options
- Professional Development Allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits – employee premiums paid 100% by WIW
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401k Match
- Remote first culture including home office set-up stipend and ongoing telecommuter stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
We believe actions speak louder than words. Every encounter with our people and products should be memorable and helpful. Challenges are exciting, failure is how we learn, and we all have an entrepreneurial spirit. Building an inclusive and equitable workplace isn’t lip service. We invest our time and our money in organizations that are not only working to diversify the current jobscape, but also investing in the future of talent. We’re motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and we’re constantly searching for ways to improve and get shift done.
Whether you’re a perfect match or not, if it sounds like a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.