*When I Work is a remote first company. While we have an office in Minneapolis, we are considering this a nationwide search. Due to the pandemic, our office is closed for now. However, if an onsite location is important to you in your search, you are welcome to work from our Minneapolis HQ once our offices re-open.
Who We Are
We help hourly teams get shift done.
At When I Work, everything we do starts with a mission to help hourly teams work better together. We deliver on that mission by making every piece of hourly workforce management – scheduling, time tracking, shift trading, team messaging, and more – easy and straightforward for managers and employees alike.
The Care team at When I Work is the backbone of our company. We strive to differentiate When I Work in our market through best-in-class support. To us, that means leading with empathy throughout every interaction, seeking to understand customer’s business and industry goals, and providing the best and most efficient solution to accomplish these with When I Work. We focus on quality over quantity, modeling internal customer service and leaning on each other for guidance. We are innovative, fun and passionate about our product and customers.
What You’ll Do
As a Customer Care Representative, you will work directly with our customers to help them navigate When I Work’s suite of software. You will communicate via email and chat with business owners, managers, and employees who are using When I Work to solve their Scheduling and Time & Attendance needs. With a fun, genuine, and empathetic voice, you’ll be troubleshooting and writing clear and concise instructions to solve questions about our software.
- Become a product expert.
- Assist customers to resolve basic to complex inquiries via email or live chat.
- Troubleshoot and report new or possible product defects.
- Report customer feedback to Product and Development teams.
Who You Are
You are an excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to understand, empathize, and problem solve via chat, and email. You have a passion for new technology and enjoy finding ways to make a complex situation simple. You are curious, dependable, resourceful, and get joy from going beyond to make customers successful. You are motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and are constantly searching for ways to improve, inspire others, and add value.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Very comfortable using web and mobile applications.
- Ability to pick up on new technology quickly.
- Basic business software knowledge
- 1 to 2 years of customer support experience is helpful.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional writing abilities to provide clear and empathetic customer support through email and live chat.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and use independent judgement.
- Able to efficiently manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Displays passion for and responsibility to the customer.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- A strong drive to complete tasks.
- Displays personal and corporate integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, not required, but preferred.
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Email and/or live chat experience dealing with complex issues, troubleshooting and problem resolution, preferably with software.
- Zendesk, Jira, or Hubspot experience is a plus
What’s In It For You
- Employee Stock Options
- Professional development allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits – employee premiums paid 100% by When I Work
- Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Remote first culture including home office set-up stipend and ongoing telecommuter stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
We believe actions speak louder than words. Every encounter with our people and products should be memorable and helpful. Challenges are exciting, failure is how we learn, and we all have an entrepreneurial spirit. Building an inclusive and equitable workplace isn’t lip service. We invest our time and our money in organizations that are not only working to diversify the current jobscape, but also investing in the future of talent. We’re motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and we’re constantly searching for ways to improve and get shift done.
Whether you’re a perfect match or not, if it sounds like a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
The tech industry is notorious for its lack of diverse representation, and we’re aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t believe that they meet all of the criteria. Are you hesitant to submit an application because you’re not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at When I Work.
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.