This position will be part-time hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
The main purpose of this position is to manage, solicit, assist, and maintain the established customer base. Duties include processing requests for loads, assignment of loads to designated carriers, tracking and tracing of customer shipments for on-time delivery, input accuracy, and any other customer service functions needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Receive and manage customer load requests via telephone, e-mail, fax machine, and E.D.I., contact and tender loads to Werner Enterprises, designated carriers, customer designated carriers, brokerage, and Intermodal. Monitor changes in load status. Manage outside carriers and coordinate customer loads between Werner and partner carriers.
- Monitor and manage changes in load status through tracking of customer shipments.
- Manage team interaction with Werner Brokerage office to manage outside carriers and coordinate customer loads between Werner and partner carriers.
- Develop relationships with outside carriers to handle loads managed by Werner Logistics.
- Manage carrier service metrics in order to meet customer needs.
- Professionally solicit additional shipments from customers to increase profitability.
- Forward all pertinent information to the Afterhours staff to support 24-hour customer service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing, Management, or Transportation/Logistics, working towards a degree, or equivalent experience. Two to three years of customer service experience and transportation experience preferred. Two to three years of PC and/or AS/400 experience preferred.