This position will be part-time hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
As an Intermodal Equipment Analyst at Werner Enterprises, you will be ensuring detention and other accessorial charges are accurately compiled, analyzed, verified, and audited prior to the billing process and then ensuring collection from the customer.
- Responsible for running equipment lot checks to ensure information is accurate in the Intermodal systems
- Responsible for researching detention and other accessorials for validity. The #1 goal is to communicate effectively following the customer’s business rules to ensure all accessorials can be collected.
- Research involves verifying the internal reports are accurate and using internal sources to determine if they are billable according to the customer’s business rules. Billable events are based on a combination of accurately compiled and analyzed internal information for detention billing.
- Monitor, maintain and manage assigned customer accounts for detention billing. Ensuring internal customer profile information is up to date per customer’s published rates. Effectively communicate with customers, AE’s and marketing team to ensure accurate decision making when billing detention.
- Responsible for adding approved charges to the tours
- Review and research audits of invoices and clean ups
- Responsible for working with the accounting department to resolve any issues or mistakes
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years customer service experience preferred.
- One to two years transportation experience preferred.
- Microsoft based computer software experience specifically Excel.
- One to two years AS/400 or personal computer experience preferred.
- Knowledge of transportation industry and terminology usually gained through practical experience and on-the-job training.
- Skill in operating a personal computer, including use of Internet and Intranet applications, knowledge of U.S. Geography.
- Strong communication skills, decision-making skills, reasoning and problem solving skills.