Title: Sourcing Fabric Associate (textile technology)
Reports to: Sourcing Manager/Fabric Development
The Sourcing Fabric Associate position works under the Sourcing Manager/Fabric Development to support Design, Product Development, and Merchandising in the specific areas of fabric development and sourcing.
● Provide technical support to the Fabric Development and Fabric Production Teams in the development and production of fabrics to meet Design and Merchandising expectations related to attributes, specifications, quality and cost.
● Manage of all costume fabric developments through the first delivery.
● Responsible for organizing and approving seasonal development fabrics among several possible vendors, as well as, organizing records of quote information and Fabric Data Sheets, submits, approvals, and standards by updating and maintaining the system for accurate reporting.
● The Sourcing Fabric Associate will maintain ongoing and regular communication with fabric suppliers and Weissman’s SH office during sourcing and resourcing fabric development and approval.
● Operate within confines of calendars and provides feedback to Design, Product Development, Fabric Production, and Purchasing on the progress of the Calendar’s activities and specific issues that might affect their accomplishment.
● Assist the Fabric Development, Fabric Production and Quality Assurance Teams in the resolution of quality issues during production.
● Maintain Planning Methodology for New Fabric Development including approval processes.
● Gather, analyze and document technical standards for new and resourced fabrics. The Sourcing Associate partners with the Fabric Development Team, the Shanghai Fabric Team and the Mills to engineer fabrics that support the goals of Weissman’s cross-functional teams.
● Collaborate with the supplier management and relations.
● Participate in ongoing vendor/supplier development to meet Weissman’s expectations and standardization.
● Assist the Fabric Development and Production Teams in the initial approach to a new supplier and/or vendor, including mill profile completion and collection of relevant information.
● Collaborate with the Fabric Development Team in the implementation and management of vendor scorecards and SWOTS and discuss strategic and tactical actions
● Participate in establishing quantitative goals and performance metrics which will be used to develop and drive future programs with this vendor.
● Gain knowledge on the entire product development cycle and how to identify opportunities related to fabric specifications, fabric usage, MOQ/MCQ risk mitigation, cost and logistics optimization.
● Assist Sourcing Manager/Fabric Development with research and development of new fabric concepts.
● Through cross-functional collaboration with Design, Merchandising, Mills, and the SH office create and maintain a library of innovation and concept fabrics and special garment processes to meet the needs of our customer’s.
● Present back concept fabrics and special garment processes to Design that can be successfully produced to create excitement and encourage inspiration for new style developments.
Bachelor’s degree in Textile Technology or a related field.
1 to 3 years of experience in fabric/material development.
Multilingual in English and Mandarin is preferred (both written and verbal)
Strong understanding of fabric and garment manufacturing processes.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, multitask, and manage time
Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative team environment; flexible and adaptable to change
Must align in value system professionally and personally with the culture of Weissman
Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Please forward a copy of your detailed resume along with salary requirements. All qualified candidates must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Weissman’s Theatrical Supplies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.