What you’ll do-
The Process Engineer provides end-to-end process improvement, optimization, and automation for a variety of internal businesses. They work cross-functionally to gain insights and solutions for new technologies. This role implements and innovates new designs to drive results.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Completes work assignments and priorities
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility
- Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility
- Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and in the 2nd half of the program.
- 1 year’s Microsoft Office experience.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics, or other area of focus relevant to the Supply Chain industry.
Ideal Skills or Qualifications:
- Strategic thinking
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Data analytics
- Systems: Advanced Excel, Tableau, Python, SQL
Desired or Required Majors:
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Other Engineering degrees considered
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance, and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.