Summer internship as a Safety Intern that reports to the EHS Department at our Menomonee Falls facility. Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the Environmental Health and Safety Manager with day-to-day safety related activities, Occupational/Environmental specific training that will allow the Safety Department to operate more efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all job functions is a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Assist with facilitating safety training to include by not limited to Safety Orientation, Ergonomic awareness, Fire extinguisher, Overhead Cranes, Powered Industrial Tucks, and any other related safety related training as needed.
- Implementing safety related programs at the site.
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices and/or conditions to manager. Assisting with incident investigations, and determining root causes and implementation of countermeasures/corrective actions.
- Coordination of safety and occupational health projects.
- Assist with Job Hazard Analysis assessments per department and help to provide Employee training Assist with annual noise exposure assessments
- Scanning and filing forms such as, employee reports of injury, Training documentation etc.
- Special projects as identified by the EHS Business Partner
Must be a Junior or Senior seeking a degree or minor in the field of Occupational Safety and Health