Role Summary Purpose
The primary function of this role will be to Lead HITL Simulator development for Locomotive. This would include Dynamic System Modeling for subsystems like traction, aux power, engine, train control and trip optimizer for implementing plant model, generate real time code using code generation tools and reporting test results. In addition to above he/she needs to assist/support simulator setup development as required.
- Demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Work with subsystem design team to identify new requirements to do dynamic system modeling/plant modeling
- Maintain/update plant models for various requisitions.
- Generate Real time C/C++ Code using Auto Code Generation tools like RTW/System Build.
- Maintain/update Perl/python scripts for code generation process
- Developing and maintaining a configuration control system for dynamic system models
- Be capable of participating as full sim team member including updating/building/reviewing MatLab models and C/C++ code, supporting system troubleshooting in real time hardware in the loop test lab environment and providing customer support.
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science
- Minimum of 4+ years work experience with real time embedded systems
- Understanding of Real Time Operating System like RT-LINUX/UNIX/QNX based systems
- Minimum 1 year experience with LabView
- Working knowledge of both software and electrical hardware design techniques, including the ability to read/understand schematics
- Experience in other COTs HIL like OPAL-RT/NI PXI Chassis.
- Understanding of Communication Protocol like ARCNET/CAN/RS-232/Ethernet
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with hardware in the loop simulators and modeling software .
- Develop DAQ System using COTS like NI/OPAL-RT.
- GUI programming using LabVIEW.
- Trouble Shooting of VME/PCI based UNIXRT-/LINUX Industrial Graded systems.
- Experience using a strong software development process, and working knowledge of standard software development tools including revision control and defect tracking.
- Experience with model based designing tools such as MatLab and/or MatrixX/Labview.
- Knowledge of and experience with real time operating systems including RT Linux and QNX.
- Strong influencing skills and proven history of participating in successful teams.
- Experience in VME Based system
- Experience developing automated scripts using perl/python.
Relocation lump sum may be provided if you meet eligibility guidelines