Vital Images, Inc. is part of Canon Medical Systems, and together we lead the medical imaging software industry with the latest health imaging informatics solutions. We improve the quality of patient care by developing innovative products that enable the exchange, analysis and storage of clinical information across health care enterprises and communities. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Vital also has offices in Canada, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.vitalimages.com.
The role of the Upgrade Engineer Intern is to assist Vital Images with software upgrades of Vital’s Vitrea software. The Upgrade Engineer Intern will report to and interact with a defined product upgrade team under Vital’s Customer Support department. After the Upgrade Engineer Intern is onboarded, Vital’s Project Upgrade Managers will have the Upgrade Engineer Intern participate in customer technical planning conversations, perform customer Vitrea software upgrades, and troubleshoot any issues related to their upgrade. The Upgrade Engineer Intern will be responsible to maintain their schedule, customer communication, and regular interaction with the assigned Project Upgrade Manager.
- Review and understand the customer’s technical environments, as well as Vitals’ upgrade processes, prior to engaging in customer calls and performing product upgrades
- Maintain thorough communication with the customer and Vital’s upgrade project managers throughout the lifecycle of product upgrades
- Document all activities and communications in within Vital’s case management system
- Attend planning calls as assigned to provide technical expertise in the planning of product upgrades and projects
- Work on a flexible schedule to ensure the least disruption to client’s workflows and patient care
- Ensure every precaution is taken to ensure a successful upgrade including distribution of media, following a quality check list, confirming upgrade actions with the customer, and involving the upgrade project manager and support manager when faced with customer escalations and/or actions that are outside of Vital’s upgrade processes/upgrade instructions
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all interactions with customers and colleagues
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in current Microsoft Windows and Server Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Knowledge and use of remote screen sharing tools and meetings, such as WebEx, Bomgar, RDP, or similar.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS web server and/or Microsoft SQL preferred
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Prior customer service-related work experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or related case/ticket management skills preferred
Integrity, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Problem Solvers and Drive
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Vital offers a dynamic workplace, competitive compensation package, and room for learning and growth in our organization. This is an environment in which things move quickly and you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats. We have a casual dress code, offer flexible work hours and actively foster work-life balance, because anything else simply isn’t sustainable. Our Minnetonka, MN office is located about 12 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis. Our office is near several walking paths and restaurants that are a quick drive away. In our office of 170, we have free healthy snacks, a deli on site and Friday massages. Our team at Vital loves what we do and has fun doing it together. We look forward to receiving an application from you.