Vishay Dale of Columbus, NE is seeking a Production Supervisor. The production supervisor is responsible for the orientation, training, discipline, and work performance of individual operators and the maintenance of a high level production and quality within assigned department.
Primary Duties for production supervisor include:
- Directly supervises the daily activities of operators and production-specific employees in a precision electronic component manufacturing operation.
- Ensures that process of all parts meets standards and that customer orders are accomplished in accordance with pertinent specifications and high quality control requirements.
- Trains, disciplines and monitors the ongoing performance of individual operators to ensure the maintenance of the highest levels of quality and production.
- Plans and schedules workload to ensure smooth operations and the production of orders in the sequence assigned by the production scheduling department. Expedites finished orders and the receipt of required materials whenever required to meet production schedules.
- Ensures that all assigned equipment is in satisfactory working condition with regard to output and safety considerations.
- Approves applicants for hire, recommends separation of employees determined unsuitable for continued employment within the department. May arrange transfers within the department or between departments for purposes of promotion or to facilitate more expedient production.
Makes recommendations regarding methods, workplace improvements, changes in procedures, equipment modification, and the purchase of additional tools, supplies, and equipment.
Additional production supervisor accountabilities:
- Submits monthly forecasts and reports such as labor distribution and inventory levels as required.
- Understands the operation of all assigned processes in order to provide operator training to newly assigned employees and to monitor work performances.
- Assists Quality Engineering with corrective actions, audits, etc.
Report accidents, participate in Safety Meetings, make improvements to promote a safer working environment.
Two years experience in a manufacturing operation would be desirable.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Initial hazardous waste management procedures (RCRA) training within six months of the appointment of position dealing with hazardous waste and subsequent annual refresher thereafter.
Billingual speaking a PLUS
** May be required to work night shift or weekend hours as necessary to meet production schedules. Ability to build and maintain a professional working relationship with those employees supervised and with the various corporate departments with which the Supervisor works.
Ability to move about area of responsibility, lift moderately heavy objects, operate usual office equipment required.