Help us build the DNA of tech.
Vishay HiRel Systems, Marshall, MN, is currently seeking a full-time summer Manufacturing Engineering Intern.
- Evaluates customer specifications and converts customer requirements into internal specifications for design, test, and manufacturing processes. Uses knowledge of internal standards and processes for quoting cost and lead times for new business development
- Works with design engineers to design for manufacturability. Assist with prototype to production transition
- Analyzes test data and publishes test reports
- Performs and supports testing of products during their lifecycle
- Improves data management processes used to collect, monitor, and store product data generated throughout the manufacturing and test process
- Designs electrical testing hardware and processes automation where practical
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes for NPI and released products. Improves quality and efficiency through process automation where practical
- Manages material approval processes, performs and/or supervises 3rd party testing providers
- Manages selected projects, develops project plans, and leads project meetings
- Implements failure monitoring and reporting processes for manufacturing
- Interprets failure data and initiates appropriate associated improvement actions
- Other duties as assigned
- College candidate who is pursuing a degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Electrical engineering
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Good understanding of modern electronic circuits
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work as a team member and/or project leader
- Excellent oral, writen, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.