Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. We strive to provide a positive, respectful, welcoming, and motivating workplace that recognizes and celebrate contributions from all genders, races, ethnicities, orientations, abilities, and backgrounds.
Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As an intern at Viasat Arizona we will strive to provide you with tasking on real programs where your work product will be contributing to the success of the program. You will be working and learning alongside experience engineers and have access to subject matter experts. In general, as a digital signal processing engineer you will propose concepts to solve customer problems. You will help implement the system along with other system engineers by leveraging technology assets across ViaSat and our partners. The products and systems you will help define are in SIGINT, RADAR, and communication applications. You will help build system solutions to solve a wide range of radar and communication problems. You will work with interdisciplinary teams including Systems, Software, RF circuits, hardware engineers, and others.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Currently MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Course work in random processing, communication theory, and spectral analysis
- Ability to perform system level analysis
- Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as Matlab, C/C++, Python
- Experience writing discrete-time simulations
- Knowledge of RF or networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of Space-Time Adaptive Processing (STAP)
- Knowledge of AESA/phased array, Radar, SIGINT, or electronic warfare
Viasat is located in the Tempe Arizona in the ASU Technology Center. Arizona is a lovely winter haven and the golfing and resort Mecca of the Southwest. With a solid work force and an ever-expanding family-based community, The Phoenix metro area has arts, entertainment, all major league sports, and a growing electronics industry that continues to flourish.
Are you ready to take the next step in your Engineering career where you will thrive and enjoy coming to work? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at Viasat. We look forward to hearing from you.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!