Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a Business Automation intern you will be joining up with a group of other interns to develop systems and tools to be used across the company. You will be growing your career as you:
- Analyze business automation opportunities and propose solutions
- Execute innovation and development through a real-world design review process
- Manage your own projects from requirements through implementation
- Automate manual and paper based processes to improve efficiency
- Develop databases, user interfaces, application logic, and reporting solutions for engineering users
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Some experience in business automation, interface design, user experience engineering, database design and small team collaboration
- Proficient knowledge of JAVA and/or .NET coding languages
- Proficient knowledge of Powershell, Bash and/or Python scripting languages
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming and Data Structures
- Familiarity with change control, repository tools, APIs, and automation
- Ability to rapidly research, learn and apply new technical skills
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Passionate interest in software development both in and out of work/school
- Passionate interest in innovation, problem solving, research and self-teaching
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!