JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will assist in the preparation of the U.S. federal, state and local income tax returns and workpapers. This role will assist with the company’s annual domestic income tax provision, as well as perform tax research. This role will assist the transfer pricing team. This individual will have exposure to senior tax leadership and will work cross-functionally with Accounting, Treasury, Global Controllers, Legal, and other groups. We are looking for a dynamic person to join our team as a Tax Analyst.
- Participate in the preparation of the U.S federal, state and local income tax workpapers and returns to ensure timely filing of all returns and adequate documentation is maintained.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly federal, state and local income tax calculations and payments.
- Participate in the preparation of U.S. international compliance forms.
- Participate in the preparation of state apportionment workpapers.
- Assist the transfer pricing team with documentation, calculation, invoicing and communication.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process automation, leveraging data analytical software where possible.
- Participate in the preparation and review of fixed asset depreciation used for tax compliance/tax accounting purposes, as needed.
- Assist in maintaining documentation of internal controls under SOX 404 to ensure adequate reviews are completed and maintained within the company’s tax function.
- Assist with all federal, state and local income tax controversy matters, including developing responses to notices and other inquiries from tax authorities, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the team of external advisors in all aspects of the tax compliance process.
- Opportunity to assist the tax accounting and tax planning teams.
Minimum Qualifications: (education, experience level, knowledge, skills, designations/certifications).
- Bachelor’s degree required; CPA a plus.
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and being detail-oriented
- Up to two years of experience in a tax position, either in public accounting or industry is a plus.
- Proficiency with Excel and capability to build complex models using multiple data sources; familiarity with Alteryx or other analytical software is a plus.
- Excellent communication and analytic abilities, with a proven track record of working effectively in a team and implementing process solutions with objective, measurable results.
POSITION ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
(Special conditions required of the job such as travel, driver’s license, and physical working conditions).
· This position is in the company’s headquarters in Columbus, OH. Travel is not required.
Vertiv is an equal opportunity employer which works hard to create a workplace that supports and promotes diversity, embraces inclusion, and cultivates respect for the individual. We believe that bringing together bright, enthusiastic, and talented people from various backgrounds promotes the birth of new ideas and an exciting energy level. Equal opportunity employment policy assures that there will be no discrimination or harassment against an employee or applicant on the grounds of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status or any other factor considered unlawful by applicable laws and regulations.