The Product Specialist Intern assists in sales support events, sales training programs, seminars, and in acquiring competitive product information. This position researches and reports competitive sales information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Help perform product demonstrations.
3. Assist in the preparation and presentation of sales, operational and competitive product information to sales managers, dealers, and customers in the promotion of product line. Support wholesale and retail sales efforts through answering of operational, pricing, availability, technical, and application questions.
4. Help train dealers and customers on product operations, applications and maintenance.
Education and/or Experience
– High School diploma required.
– Current student pursuing a Bachelors’ degree in Business.
– Previous internship is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Knowledge in the area(s) of Vermeer product line as well as competitive product offerings, market share and size opportunities.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers.
– Ability to provide accurate, professional and error free documents.
– Ability to be customer oriented and have a can do attitude.
– Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills.
ONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com.