Our Business is Biorationals
At Valent BioSciences, our focus is on building the strongest portfolio of biorational solutions to improve agricultural productivity, protect public health, and keep our forests beautiful. It’s all part of our commitment to creating value for our customers around the world — and doing so in a sustainable way. We invite you to explore our offerings and learn how Valent BioSciences can help you make a positive difference in your world.
Description of Job: This position supports Product Development Engineering activities for Valent BioSciences LLC. The position manages the supply chain and manufacturing aspects of product realization projects and process development / design activities associated with the production of bio-rational public health and agricultural products. This role also takes on project and continuous improvement work that has companywide impacts. The position will also support supply chain activities when needed.
- Act as project manager for new product realization / commercialization activities for assigned projects
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including charters, timelines / Gantt charts, minutes, action items, etc.
- Develops and maintains project schedules
- Process / packaging engineering and design
- Process safety review for new products
- New product cost estimates and cost standard review
- Quality investigations and implementation of corrective / preventative actions
- Preparation of technology transfer / standard operating procedures
- Supports quality and regulatory management procedures
- Manages manufacturing compliance to regulatory requirements for new products / processes at toll manufacturing sites and support compliance requirements at Osage, IA fermentation plant
- Supports new product development activity (contract manufacturing, formulations and packaging)
- Develops and leads company-wide continuous improvement projects / initiatives
- Supports global manufacturing strategy development and implementation
- At least five years of relevant manufacturing engineering experience (process / production engineering in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred).
- Interface experience with Product Design Teams, Research and Development, Supply Chain, Business Management, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance organizations is highly desired.
- Experience with cGMP FDA requirements, SAP and MS Project is a plus.
Education: BS degree in Engineering or Science. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Travel: Up to 25%