SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Strategic Pricing Senior Analyst is responsible for analyzing, implementing, and executing new strategic programs, as well as supporting the existing tactical pricing infrastructure for Season Pass, Lift Ticket, and Ski School products. This role will support cross-functional initiatives including price testing, pricing research, product development, revenue forecasting/modeling, reporting, competitive intelligence, and go-to market plans. This leader should have a proven track record as a high potential talent demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence.
This role is part of the Strategic Pricing team, which has ownership of analysis, insights, and strategy for key pricing decisions. The Pricing team is part of the larger Marketing Analytics organization, which has a mission to leverage Vail Resorts’ proprietary guest data to generate actionable insights that unlock value for the business. The Marketing Analytics organization informs insight-driven strategic decision-making across the entire enterprise.
The Pricing team also partners with the Strategic Development team to support Vail Resort’s M&A process by leading the market research, opportunity assessment, and marketing strategy components of the M&A diligence process.
- Own, manage and drive pricing strategies that support key business objectives across Season Pass, Lift Tickets, and Ski School products.
- Own, manage, implement, and maintain pricing infrastructure.
- Design and implement pricing tests to assess revenue opportunities, track performance, and recommend long term actions based on results.
- Partner with senior leadership including resort GMs, marketing, finance, and operations teams on product development, new product pricing, product price positioning, go-to market plans, operational execution/fulfillment, forecasting, and model development.
- Inform key stakeholders of pricing dynamics and key performance indicators throughout the ski season.
- Work closely with the Analytics, Research, Finance and other stakeholders to develop and conduct appropriate analytics, adding rigor to existing methodologies and developing key metrics to enable pricing optimization.
- Develop and distribute periodic reporting including price performance, price/mix analysis, benchmarking, and other information that provides context related to pricing strategies and tactics.
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, opportunity sizing, and financial modeling in support of the M&A diligence process.
- Very strong quantitative and analytic skills with demonstrated success in analytical or financial roles – 3+ years previous experience in consulting, marketing analytics, direct marketing, financial analysis, or other similar field.
- Previous work experience within an entrepreneurial environment including creation, ownership, and follow through of a multi-year project.
- Proven experience in driving actionable recommendations and decisions based upon data-driven insights.
- Strong organizational and project management skills are essential. Must be able handle multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate across multiple functions within an organization.
- Demonstrated success working with large data sets, developing tools for streamlined analysis and creating output that succinctly summarize complex concepts.
- Advanced experience with analytic tools/software such as Tableau and with data processing (SAS/ SQL/ Alteryx).
- Highly proficient/advanced skills conducting quantitative analysis and modeling using Excel
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication, adjusting message to audience. Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
The budgeted range starts at $73,000 – $88,950 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.