Calling All Future Designers!
Zeeland Lumber & Supply, a Division of US LBM is Seeking Full or Part-Time Truss Designer Interns for the Wyoming, MI Location.
We are looking for a Truss Designer Intern to add to our team. We’re a people first company that’s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now to join!
What you should know about working at Zeeland Lumber & Supply:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on, and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere; this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Truss Designer Intern:
- Gain Hands on Experience in the Industry
- Learn from Experienced Designers
- On the Job Training
- Ability to Work with your Schedule
- Work in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Create component designs for shop fabrication based on information gathered from customers and project documents
- Design residential roof and floor system and produce layouts
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
Truss Designer Intern Requirements:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated with a degree in architectural drafting, construction management, or estimating is preferred
- Experience in truss design, layout, working with 3D applications, takeoff, quoting and/or sales is helpful
- Adaptability to work in a fast place environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized, detail oriented, and good math skills
Building Your Career With Benefits(Full-Time):
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days)
- The Good. 401(k) with company match
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today with Zeeland Lumber & Supply.
Zeeland Lumber & Supply is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.