The Intern will work independently and, in a team, to fulfill the Management & Operations staff’s (MOS) communications needs including development of an overall communications plan to include: schedules, initiatives, and a task calendar related to administrative processes and process improvements.
- The intern will draft, review, revise and/or finalize MOS’ communication plan, format organizational administrative processes, and official communications to assist in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative processes in the Office of Policy, Legislation, and International Affairs (OPLIA).
- Assist in writing and managing MOS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Update organization’s website and electronic platforms with SOPs and guidance documents.
- Update organization’s website with current events, relevant news, etc. for OPLIA staff.
- Collaborate with OPLIA or MOS staff on novel and innovative ideas, initiatives, processes, tactics, and new media to amplify communications OPLIA-wide.
- Identify any specialized expertise and services, training, and documentation, as applicable.
- Collaborate with staff, when necessary, and develop/update digital branding for MOS.
- Develop and standardize various communication templates for MOS and OPLIA.
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations).
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus.
- Skilled at organizing and translating information into clear written documentation.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management, and graphic design a plus.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, good time management, creative and innovative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.