The Office of Academic Success & Intercultural Services (OASIS) is looking for learning consultants to staff their Study Studio for the 2021- 2022 academic year. Learning consultants tutor students who visit the study studio in a wide variety of subjects. The study studio maintains regular weekly hours at the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center.
Learning Consultant are required to meet the following requirements:
- Sophomore status
- Must have a 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Must have a 3.5 Grade Point Average on tutoring subject(s)
Schedule & operations
- For the Fall 2021 semester, Study Studio will be in operation from Monday, August 30 through December 5.
- Spring 2022 hours will be TBD.
- The Study Studio will be in person at the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center, 2nd floor on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5.00 pm till 8.00 pm.
- Virtual hours using Zoom will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5.00 pm till 8.00 pm.
Job Description for Learning Consultants
- Help students learn concepts related to your tutoring subject.
- Help students learn and practice good study habits.
- Exhibit patience and creativity in explaining challenging material.
- Enhance the learning experiences of students by providing a welcoming and positive environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with diverse populations and cultures.
- Attend and engage in semester meetings with supervisor.
- Actively participate in monthly professional development sessions.