Purpose: Assist the NSE events coordinator with planning and execution of large-scale events sponsored by New Student Enrollment, including but not limited to the Street Festival (SF), Big Red Welcome (BRW), and Power Up Weekend (PUW). This position is best suited for an undergraduate or graduate student with interest in event planning and management and/or higher education.
Desired Skills and Qualifications: Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail required. Thorough communication skills and rapid responsiveness to email needed. Must be able to work on both independent projects as well as work collaboratively with NSE staff members. Experience working with diverse populations and/or event planning and management a plus.
Position Dates and Duties: January 25, 2021 – September 11, 2021
*For the most part, this position will be part-time; however, it will involve closer to if not maximum full-time hours around/during specific timeframes of PUW and BRW (see specific dates/duties below).
January – May (estimated 3-5 hours/month)
- -Assist with BRW event management for the Spring 2021 intake, as determined by events coordinator
- Attend occasional meetings with NSE professional staff and campus colleagues to discuss plans/decisions regarding schedule and logistics of 2021 PUW and Fall 2021 BRW
- Assist with administrative tasks in preparation for PUW and BRW, which may include, but is not limited to: managing registration & waivers for PUW; preparing materials and allocations for PUW; maintenance of the online BRW schedule, etc.
June – July (estimated 10 hours/week, plus full-time presence for June 18-20* [tentative; official dates TBD])
- Assist with planning and administrative tasks to prepare for PUW and BRW
- Support the development and coordination of NSE-specific BRW activities
- Continue to assist with responsibilities outlined above
August – September (estimated 20 hours/week, plus full-time presence for August 16-22*)
- Assist with planning and administrative tasks to prepare for BRW
- Collaborate with NSE professional and student staff in development of BRW training materials and staff allocations
- Collaborate with events coordinator and communications & social media specialist for social media promotion of Big Red Welcome events and initiatives
- Assist with event management of BRW
- Administer and evaluate assessment of BRW events and initiatives, as well as debrief the program with the events coordinator and other NSE staff members
Supervisor: Rachel Lindhart, NSE Events Coordinator
*specific dates subject to minor changes dependent upon potential modifications to the UNL academic calendar