Student IT Consultant Job Description
Hixson-Lied CFPA IT Services
UNL City Campus
Summer Job, 20-35 hours with option to continue in 21-22 School Year!
Seeking students who like to work with people, and enjoy technology and problem-solving. We’re an arts school with a wide range of AV, software, hardware and classroom support requests. Come help make a difference for your fellow students – keep it all running! Your drive to help people is the most important element; second is some familiarity with IT – we’ll show you how things work.
Work-study preferred, but not required.
$10 per hour.
Begin as soon as possible.
Most hours need to be during the week, M-F, within the 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM slot. We can flex to meet your class schedule. Some remote hours are possible.
Summer: 15 to 35 hours per week preferred.
Fall-Spring Semesters: 15-20 hours per week preferred.
Consultant General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly, timely assistance to all customers in multiple buildings using our facilities and equipment.
- Provide basic computer and technology assistance with videoconferencing, classes and presentations taking place in HLCFPA classrooms and conference rooms.
- Answer the phone, direct calls, and enter trouble tickets in the computer database.
- Perform daily and weekly chores in HLCFPA labs, classrooms, and conference rooms including running updates, cleaning and installing software when necessary.
- Work on projects as assigned by HLCFPA IT technology staff such as preparing items for inventory pick up, setting up computers, moving computers, installing software and connecting printers.
- Show up on time and work all assigned hours. All time off must be pre-approved.
- Have good communication skills by being able to report progress in completing tasks, including any problems in doing so, in both oral and written form.