The Great Plains Art Museum at the Center for Great Plains Studies is seeking applications for the Visitor Services Associate (VSA) position. As the first point of contact for Museum and Center visitors, the VSA is responsible for creating a welcoming environment and providing clear and accurate information about the organization. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, professional, and able to engage with visitors from diverse communities and age groups. A knowledge of or interest in art and/or the Great Plains is preferred but not required.
General duties and expectations:
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the exhibitions, programs, and services available at the Museum and Center
- Greet visitors upon entry and monitor the galleries to ensure the safety of visitors and the artwork
- Perform routine tasks such as opening and closing the gallery spaces, answering the phone, and operating the museum store
- Assist with event setup and management as needed
- Perform other duties as needed to assist Museum and Center staff
Hours and Availability:
- Flexible and dependent on student schedule (no more than 20 hours per week)
- Must have some availability during museum open hours (Tue–Sat, 10 AM–4 PM)
- Must be available to work at least one Saturday per month
Position begins at the start of the spring 2021 semester.