The Great Plains Art Museum at the Center for Great Plains Studies is seeking applications for the Visitor Services Associate (VSA) position. As the first point of contact for Museum and Center visitors, the VSA is responsible for creating a welcoming environment and providing clear and accurate information about the organization. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, professional, and able to engage with visitors from diverse communities and age groups. A knowledge of or interest in art and/or the Great Plains is preferred but not required.
Students eligible for Federal Work-Study will be given first preference, but Federal Work-Study eligibility is not required for this position. If you are eligible for Federal Work-Study, please indicate that in your application.
General duties and expectations:
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the exhibitions, programs, and services available at the Museum and Center
- Greet visitors upon entry and monitor the galleries to ensure the safety of visitors and the artwork
- Perform routine tasks such as opening and closing the gallery spaces, answering the phone, and operating the museum store
- Assist with event setup and management as needed
- Perform other duties as needed to assist Museum and Center staff
Hours and Availability:
- Must be available to work one Saturday per month from 10 AM–5 PM. This is a requirement of employment. Two Saturdays per month may be requested depending on availability and Museum needs.
- Must be available to work at least 4 hours during the week (Tuesday–Friday, between 10 AM–5 PM). This scheduling is flexible and can be tailored to student’s schedule.