The Diocles Extreme Light Laboratory (http://www.unl.edu/diocles/home) is seeking an undergraduate assistant software engineer. The assistant would help create programs to interface with data acquisition systems, control laser interlocks and etc. Other tasks could include image processing, writing Powershell scripts, creating web forms and etc. A student in engineering, electronics, physics or computer engineering is preferable, but willing to train the right candidate with preferred skills and background.
· Develop, support, maintain and document software
· Design, code and debug applications in various software languages
· Experience with performance tuning, usability and automation
· LabVIEW, Powershell, Matlab, C++ or Python experience preferred
· Experience with microcontrollers (Arduino or other) preferred
· Can work independently or in teams
· Participate in meetings, and project team activities
This position is located in Behlen Lab, which is on City Campus.