Are you a natural mentor or tutor? Do you want to make a difference for other CASNR students? If so, the Peer Career Coach position could be for you!
As a Peer Career Coach, you will gain:
· Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Written and personal communications skills
· Presentation skills
· The know-how to map and pursue your career goals
And you will be part of an exciting initiative on East Campus – CASNR Peer Career Coaches!
· Meet 1:1 with students on career related concerns including application materials and job search.
· Teach students how to identify and position themselves in application materials.
· Assess student needs, provide initial direction and referral to appropriate services and resources.
· Promote Career Services resources, services, and events.
· Support activities related to career fairs and programs.
· Consult with full-time staff on initiatives, communications, and programming.
· Provide support at events such as Career Fairs, Employer in Residence, workshops, etc.
· Work collaboratively with fellow Peer Career Coaches and professional staff on projects as needed
· And more!
You do not need to have specific knowledge in developing application materials, job searches, or anything career related. You will be trained on the details. You do need:
· Excellent interpersonal skills, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with diverse individuals
· A positive and friendly attitude with an interest in helping others
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· To be prompt, reliable, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
· A high level of professionalism and confidentiality
· A current undergraduate in good academic standing
· To be available to work a minimum of a full academic year
Prior mentoring, teaching, or coaching experience is also helpful, but not required.
Schedule / Pay
10-20 hours/week during the academic year. Active participation in a weekly one-hour staff meeting is required. Standard hours available are between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday-Friday, some evening hours available, Rate of pay starts at $10/hour.
Click the apply button in Handshake OR send resume and cover letter to Julie Bray-Obermeyer, firstname.lastname@example.org .