We’re looking for 60 energetic and positive-attitude UNL students (especially education majors) to teach and play with children ages 6-weeks to 6-years, under the guidance of full-time teachers in an excellent on-campus child development learning facility. Flexible daytime work shifts from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday–Friday.
As the Children’s Center Student Worker you will:
- Carry out lesson plans for kids ages 6 weeks to 6 years.
- Assist full-time teachers in teaching curriculum across 11 classrooms.
- Interact with parents & guardians during drop-off and pick-up times.
- Engage children in play and recreation activities.
- Learn early-child-development practices in a real-world laboratory from seasoned professionals.
- Maintaining classroom by assisting teacher staff with miscellaneous duties.
Through experiences in this position and the Husker GROW program, the student employee will strengthen the following abilities:
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills (both oral and written)
- Problem-solving skills
- Develop a strong work ethic
- Interpersonal skills
- Appreciation of other worldviews
- Analytical and quantitative skills
Starting wage is $9.00/hour for 5 to 20 hours per week. Position open to UNL students. On-site job training provided. Successful part-time hires must be CPR/First Aid-certified within 30 days of employment and have DHHS fingerprinting on file (both are employee’s expense). CPR/First Aid/AED classes are offered onsite and DHHS fingerprinting is reimbursed after a full semester of employment.