Work with the staff and Assistant Director of the CSMCE on the following:
– Manage social media accounts. This includes: drafting content, communicating with other departments on campus, responding to follower inquiries and monitoring channels.
– Help with online promotional plans for events and conferences.
– Edit and produce copy for the website and newsletters.
– Research how to engage with potential audiences through internal and external resources.
– Self-starter with passion for communications, social media and writing.
– Strong written and oral communication skills.
– Some experience planning a social media campaign or comfortable using social media platforms for a business.
– Team player attitude, demonstrated by being flexible, curious and asking questions.
– Preferred: sophomore standing and some experience with social media analytics.
Work period: Start as soon as possible.
– 5-15 hours per week during spring/fall semesters
– Potential for 25-40 hours per week in the summer
Work location: Remotely and at Center for Science, Mathematics & Computer Education (CSMCE), Avery 251 if needed